We are all inventors, each sailing out on a voyage of discovery, guided each by a private chart, of which there is no duplicate. The world is all gates, all opportunities.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Spa Night Beauty Tip: Beautifully Curled Lashes

I am a huge fan of curling lashes before applying mascara. I think it really pulls the eye upward, making you look more awake and definitely shows off your lashes better.

I use a normal lash curler, like the one pictured above. Nothing fancy. You can find it for a couple dollars at WalMart, Target, or Walgreens. Whatever mass merchandise retailer you shop at, really. The problem is, people don't know how to use one to the best effect.

There are several ways to get those va-va-voom lashes. You just have to give 'em a go and figure out which one's right for you.

Method 1: Swipe, Curl, Swipe
- Put a light coat of mascara on.
-Immediately curl your lashes. Don't let the mascara dry. 10 is the golden number for lashes. Hold lashes in curler for 10 seconds before releasing.
-Add last coat(s) of mascara for pretty flirty lashes.

Method 2: Curl and Swipe
-Curl clean lashes. Remember 10 seconds at least!
-Apply your usual coats of mascara for a more subtle, but defined lash line.

Method 3: Heat it Up, Baby! (My all time favorite)
-With your blow dryer on low heat, give your lash curler a 10 second warm up. No more. You don't want to burn your eyes! I still test it with my fingers before applying it to my lashes, just in case.
-Curl lashes with the warm curler for 10 seconds.
-Immediately apply your usual coats of mascara for a very defined and come hither look. No falsies required.

I've used this trick successfully on so many unsuspecting people: girls going to prom, college gals going to a formal event, my sis on her wedding day... Ha! And you know what? It works.
The heating method can make a cheaper mascara go from blah to gorgeous! I use it mostly for date nights but whenever I have some extra time while getting ready and am feeling a little sassy, I heat it on up.

If you try any of these, let me know which worked best for you.
Have a lash luscious Spa Night, Beauties!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Start Swagging!

Recommended reading and other products...