We are all inventors, each sailing out on a voyage of discovery, guided each by a private chart, of which there is no duplicate. The world is all gates, all opportunities.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Pincushion

I finally did this easy-but-so-useful craft. After weeks of procrastinating, that tuna can I washed out and saved was finally getting on my nerves. It seemed to mock me: "You acted like you were going to make me into something but really you just like collecting clutter." Ack! What was I to do but grab the offending can, plug in the glue gun and get to work. Here is the result, and here is a tutorial telling you what to do, because I didn't have a charged camera while I was making it. They put a ring of hot glue on the inside rim of the can before cramming the batting and fabric in there too! I guess great and lazy crafty minds think alike : ) A tout a l'heure, mes amis!

Scrap ribbon saved me from measuring and cutting more fabric...or having to sand and paint the can.

The pretty fabric is from my latest stash of scraps. Thanks to my thoughtful mother, the original crafter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Start Swagging!

Recommended reading and other products...