We are all inventors, each sailing out on a voyage of discovery, guided each by a private chart, of which there is no duplicate. The world is all gates, all opportunities.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Spa Night: Acne Spot Treatment 5/20/2010

I'm so ready for spa night! Hubby and I worked so hard on Tuesday, cleaning our apartment from top to bottom and doing the huge pile of laundry. It was a long day, but so worth it because our new home is finally organized! Yesterday, I only had to do every day cleaning to maintain the place the way I like it. I had so much free time it was ridiculous. All the extra time got me thinking about tonight's spa treatment as well as starting on designing a more peaceful space in which to do spa treatments. But more on that later.

I am in need of a homemade spa treatment because I am breaking out like crazy. Tea tree oil applied with a qtip has been great for me, but I want to learn to make use of different ingredients I always have in the kitchen. I'm really interested in finding a leave on night treatment. A quick search brought up a popular homemade acne spot treatment that I had never heard about: Cinnamon, nutmeg and honey. This is such great news to me because it makes use of ingredients I almost always have in my cabinets.
I'm naming my version:

 Holiday Spice Acne Spot Treatment


1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
Honey



-In a small container, mix well cinnamon and nutmeg
-Add and mix honey drop by drop, until a very thick paste is formed.
-Spot apply onto blemishes after cleansing and patting dry.
-Leave overnight and rinse off in the morning.



Here's a bonus recipe for you as well, which is rumored to heal blemishes quickly, leaving smooth skin with no scarring! We'll see if it works :)

Miracle Acne Spot Treatment


1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
Milk

-In a small container, add milk drop by drop to nutmeg, mixing to form a thick paste.
-Spot apply onto blemishes after cleansing and patting dry.
-Leave overnight and rinse off in the morning.

Neither of these treatments had specified measurements, but recommended only making enough for one or two uses. That way you would be sure to use fresh treatments to ensure great results. I've used honey in many homemade spa recipes, but after researching the benefits of the new ingredients, I've estimated the amounts needed.

Stay tuned for my Peaceful Space Design Inspiration post. Happy Pampering!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Start Swagging!

Recommended reading and other products...