We are all inventors, each sailing out on a voyage of discovery, guided each by a private chart, of which there is no duplicate. The world is all gates, all opportunities.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, May 31, 2010

Makeover Monday: The Real Deal 5/31/2010



So, it's Monday and in honor of the Makeover Monday theme (which I should get better at sticking to) I wanted to share my desire to makeover..... myself! I've decided to try getting healthy. I've been happily plus sized for some time but ever since about 6 months after Baby Boy was born, I've been steadily gaining more weight and yo yo exercising. I'm committing to take an active part in my health and you may have noticed little bits of that decision in my cooking vegetarian meals once a week or my daily walks with Baby Boy. I still like to enjoy my food (no carrot sticks, please) but I'm focusing on being active at least 30 minutes a day, choosing healthier food when I do eat, and also counting calories. So far, I'm 3 weeks into my new routine of working out every day and I'm feeling great! I usually end up working out for about an hour and a half to two hours a day because I'm finding that I love to walk. Because of the positive effects of exercise, I want to give myself a plan so I can be more focused. So, today I've started day one week one of the Couch to 5K program. I'm excited! I've never ever enjoyed running or walking for that matter. I love the accomplishment of a hike (like seeing the awesome view) but getting there was always like pulling teeth. Now that we walk to the store out of necessity, walking a mile is easy and I really enjoy it! In fact, I feel like I could go farther. Which brings me back to C25k training. I'm hoping to stick to it and am really pumped about completing today's training. It was tough! But it was a challenge, which is just what I was looking for. Anyway, I'm also doing strength training on my off days. C25K training is set up for Monday, Wednesday and Thursdays. So the other days I can take easy walks and work with light weights. I've already seen a 3 inch loss from my non scheduled walking and working out, so I hope to get some great results from this structured program. It's all a part of making my life more peaceful. I find my mind is much more at ease and my body feels better when I get my exercise in! I hope, if you've been considering making healthy changes, that you find a little encouragement in this. And maybe soon you'll be ready to get started on your own journey to a healthier and more peaceful you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Start Swagging!

Recommended reading and other products...