We are all inventors, each sailing out on a voyage of discovery, guided each by a private chart, of which there is no duplicate. The world is all gates, all opportunities.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, May 28, 2010

Friday Inspiration

So, I admit I'm addicted to DIY blogs. There are so many inspiring people writing about how they are making their spaces more functional/beautiful.So here are some posts I found inspiring this week:

Centsational Girl just finished a fabulous redo of her laundry room. The colors are beautiful, clean and spa like. I want to achieve this feel in the master bedroom.


Little Apartment on the Prairie is sewing her very first slip covers for her furniture. My furniture are thrift shop finds as well and are in sore need of  looking clean updating. I adore her and many times reading her posts parallel my own life, as we're in very similar situations. She is inspiring, and a reminder that no matter how tough life is, I want to search for beauty and make my life an inspirational place to be.



An older post of Nester's has got my wheels turning about our master bedroom. I've mentioned how I want it to have a resort spa feel. A place where we can go to relax and get away from the stress of it all. Reading her tips will help me get one step closer to making our hideaway a reality.


The CSI Project reaffirmed my belief in giving longer life to things you love by updating them! I believe I shall be hoarding Rub n' Buff from now on....


And as always, looking at photos of my beloved island inspired me to slow down and be thankful for what I have. A beautiful heritage, a loving husband and a wonderfully imaginative little boy. What else could a girl ask for?
One of the many beaches in American Samoa where I grew up

Wedding day with my love.... almost 4 years ago

My other love....our little man

Find what inspires you and never let go of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Start Swagging!

Recommended reading and other products...