We are all inventors, each sailing out on a voyage of discovery, guided each by a private chart, of which there is no duplicate. The world is all gates, all opportunities.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, April 19, 2010

Makeover Monday

Start out with a functional, but slightly dysfunctional piece of furniture that you love. In this case, a very useful key/coat hanger that is missing two mirrors. I bought it that way at a thrift shop 3 years ago and never made up my mind what to fill in the spaces with. Enter the gorgeous tropical scraps my wonderful mom sent me.

Et Voila!

Shine it up, hang and enjoy :). I really like how it turned out. I can't believe I waited so long to do anything with it.
Dinner tonight is pan fried pork and onions with brown gravy, rice and green beans.
And for dessert........... cheesecake and whipped cream. I just remembered we had some strawberries left! Mmmmm.....
The mixer left a weird pattern in the whipped cream. I even took it to Hubby so he could see the whipped cream goggles :)

I got a few more boxes unpacked and got many sweet snuggles from Baby Boy. It's shaping up to be a great week.

UPDATE: 8/1/2010 I'm linking to


1 comment:

  1. Love the hook mirror re-do but CHEEEEESECAKE need I say more! Thnx for linking! Have a super night! Jenn

    ReplyDelete

Start Swagging!

Recommended reading and other products...