We are all inventors, each sailing out on a voyage of discovery, guided each by a private chart, of which there is no duplicate. The world is all gates, all opportunities.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Tutorial Tuesday: Homemade Coffee Creamer 4/27/10

Had this post ready when we still had a car, so even though I missed Tutorial Tuesday, I figured I'd post it anyway.
We use a lot of creamer around here and since finding out that powdered creamer is flammable, we've switched to liquid. Thanks to my brother, who made me aware of that fact, I'm now contemplating how much coffee flavored lighter fluid I've ingested. *gag* . Haha!  The trouble is, the liquid stuff doesn't last as long for us and it's way more expensive, so I decided to try making some.

Vanilla Dream Liquid Coffee Creamer. Ha! Figured I would try to make it sound posh.

2 cans evaporated milk
2 cups milk
2 Tbs vanilla extract
3 Tbs sugar

Directions
In a large bowl, whisk all ingredients until well combined and sugar is dissolved.


Pour into a measuring cup to make it easier to transfer to your creamer bottle.  Store in the fridge in a covered container (I just used an empty half gallon milk jug). Shake well before each use.

It tastes pretty good!

This recipe gave us 4 cups of creamy vanilla goodness for our coffee.

I made another batch about a week later:

Mocha Mambo Liquid Creamer. Because it Mambos with the coffee already in your cup. Oh yeah, it's a coffee party ;)

1 can evaporated milk
1 can condensed milk
1 cup regular milk
2 tsp instant coffee

Mix all ingredients until well encorporated. Place in your container of choice and store in the fridge! That's it.
 This made just over 3 cups of mocha creamer :)


Yes, I'm crazy. I made coffee flavored coffee creamer. But you know what? It tastes awesome! I think I'll use condensed milk every time now since it allows me to save sugar for other cooking. Plus, it made the new batch a little thicker like 'real' creamer. I'm going to have so much fun making different flavors!

I'm guessing it's only good as long as the regular milk is fresh. We just bought the milk and the expiration date is in less than two weeks, so that's when we'll check if it starts to smell snarky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Start Swagging!

Recommended reading and other products...