We are all inventors, each sailing out on a voyage of discovery, guided each by a private chart, of which there is no duplicate. The world is all gates, all opportunities.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Just a Little Bruised...

Yesterday Baby Boy and I were in a car accident. We lost our car and are so overwhelmingly thankful for the amazing firefighters who pulled us out of our flipped over car and made sure we were okay. It all happened so quickly and we had a real scare. One thing I'm newly appreciative of is our wonderful family and close friends. We're so blessed to have such beautiful souls in our lives who love us so much! I keep finding new bruises and am so amazed they are all I suffered. I definitely believe Someone was watching out for us. Thankfully, Baby Boy came away with barely a scratch. My brave little man who never cried, even when we found ourselves suddenly slammed by another car and losing all sense of direction as we rolled over in a fury of smoke and shattered glass. Seatbelts are such a simple thing, but I'm so glad we had them. I think our good old straps and buckles kept us from getting seriously injured. I see everything with new eyes. Things that seemed important are no longer top priority. I am reassured that the little things I've come to treasure are truly important. They are what matter. The people in our lives who we love and who love us: they matter. Others whom I've tried to please. Others who have judged me or my family and I've tried to judge back: none of that matters. I can't afford wasting time and life worrying about what they think or how I can repay their unkindness. I hadn't even realized I was doing that, but I was, in little ways. I hope to always have the clarity of thought I have right now. I love my family, my Lord and the life I'm blessed to be a part of. That's what is truly important.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Start Swagging!

Recommended reading and other products...