We are all inventors, each sailing out on a voyage of discovery, guided each by a private chart, of which there is no duplicate. The world is all gates, all opportunities.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Birthday Week Day 2

"Mama, look! Ba-baloon! Prilly!". I love it when he says the word pretty. It's sounds so cute :) I tried to tell him it was the moon coming out, not a balloon, but he didn't believe me.
Reaching for the moon. My little sweetie! I hope he never stops.
Running to Mama with cold hands for kisses and warming up :)

Finished Baby Boy's tool belt for all the cool Handy Manny tools his Nana got for him. I think he'll like it! My first 'real' sewing project. I've made handsewn burp cloths before, but those were easy. I really want my own sewing machine now so I can work on more projects!

Toa's crown to wear on his special day. Here it is halfway done. I freehanded a template for the crown and number 2 on cardboard. The mouth of a glass worked great for the circle stencil; I cut little snippets into the edges so it would look prettier against the brown background. I finally finished it today! Whew! We're back on schedule :)
Final product. I bought a pack of plastic jewels and attached them with good old Tacky Glue.
Would you believe the only two large blue jewels in the pack had no reflective backing? Nothing a little aluminum foil and clear nail polish couldn't fix. There. Now they're all shiny and look like they belong on my little prince.
I'm so happy with these projects! On to the cake and room decorations. Wish me luck with the Handy Manny cake. It's going to be a doozy pulling that off.

We had such a busy day that I forgot to sing Happy Birthday and give Baby Boy his 2nd Day gift. Well, he'll just have to get two things tomorrow. I'm really enjoying looking for reasons to create things, even if they're simple things.

UPDATE- I'm linking to:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Start Swagging!

Recommended reading and other products...