We are all inventors, each sailing out on a voyage of discovery, guided each by a private chart, of which there is no duplicate. The world is all gates, all opportunities.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, February 7, 2010

First Bargain-Focused Shopping Trip Ever 2/4/10

I hit Kroger with coupons in hand ready to find some deals! Unfortunately, I couldn't find several of the items I had coupons for, and the few items I did find sorely lacked variety. I was disappointed with my total, and although I did well for my first time ever, I'm hoping to spend much less in the future. Ah well, I'm learning. Here's what I picked up today:

4 cans Hunt's Tomato Sauce @ $1.00 each. I got them on a KrogerDeal (KD) for 50 cents each

4 cans Hunt's Diced Tomatoes @$1.00 each + KD = 50 cents each

2 Sobe LifeWater @ 99cents each +KD = 49 cents each

2 Degree Deoderant @ $2.49 each+ $1.00 Coupon = $3.98 for both

1 Coffeemate Powdered Creamer @ $1.79+$1.00 Coupon = 79 cents!!! YES!

1 Coffeemate Liquid Creamer @ $2.75+$1.00 Coupon= $1.75

My Total w/tax would have been: $16.38
Actual TTL: $12.38 for 15 items

Not so great, but I'm excited about starting this and am looking forward to better deals. If you still haven't checked out Adventures of a Wannabe Cheapskate or The Coupon Queen, you may want to head on over. They know what they're doing and may be able to encourage you to start your own couponing journey. Don't be discouraged by my mediocre results! I'm not! I know it's just the beginning :) Next stop, Walgreens.


Also found 2 pairs of pants for Baby Boy at JCPenney. They were on sale for $4.97 each and I'm so glad! My little monster's been needing warm pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Start Swagging!

Recommended reading and other products...