We are all inventors, each sailing out on a voyage of discovery, guided each by a private chart, of which there is no duplicate. The world is all gates, all opportunities.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, June 18, 2010

Friday Inspiration

Back again for a few things that sparked an idea in me this week. I'm going to have more inspiration than I know what to do with once I get back home!

I love this simple idea to use a cereal box for a drawer organizer. That's my kind of usable craft! Once I get back home, I think I'll make some of these for our resident junk drawer while I finish up my snack box storage crafts (started in this post).


I love the hanging lamps in this HGTV zen bedroom.

I don't remember where I first saw these beautiful plates, but I just love the bright swirly accents on the white background.
Very similar to some in Veranda's spring table settings.
I'd like to use the unusual color combo in it some how to accent the master bedroom, I think. I'm already using teal/turquoise. Soft pink, coral red and mahogany will be gorgeous accents to the main color palette of teal and cream.

Amy at Positively Splendid has a tutorial for homemade citronella candles that had the crafter/candle lover within jumping for joy. They are super easy and so pretty!
I can't wait to get some citronella oil and make a few for our outdoor space (and maybe a few pretty smelling ones for the apartment!) when I get home.

If something catches your eye, or makes you wish you had such a great looking space/accessory/furniture, use it as inspiration! Draw on things that make you happy and encourage peace of mind and surround yourself with them. It's even possible on a budget! At least, that's the thought that keeps me planning and working to slowly transform our home as best I can with what we have. Here's to the weekend that's peeking around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Start Swagging!

Recommended reading and other products...