We are all inventors, each sailing out on a voyage of discovery, guided each by a private chart, of which there is no duplicate. The world is all gates, all opportunities.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Spa Night: Sweet Little Facial

Tonight I was so dead tired, but still needed a little girly time to feel better about the long week. I don't have much on hand, but I came up with a sweet little facial and spent a blissful 20 minutes relaxing.

Here's what I used for my

Sweet Little Facial:
-Honey
-Favorite facial cleanser. I love this homemade castile soap bar, brought home from our South Pacific vacation last Christmas.
-A teaspoon of granulated sugar.

STEP 1: Lather Up! Using warm water to open up pores, lather up face and neck with cleanser.
STEP 2: Exfoliate. Pour sugar into your hand and massage into face, using the suds to distribute it evenly. Apply light, even pressure, working all over around the hairline, eyes, nose and mouth. Don't forget the neck.
STEP 3: Rinse well and pat dry.
STEP 4: Apply honey as a mask all over face and neck, making sure to apply thinly on forehead, so it doesn't drip into your eyes as you let it set. Leave on for 15 minutes. Rinse and pat dry before applying toner and moisturizer.
Enjoy your sweetly polished skin. Mine felt amazingly soft!

I don't know why, but after doing this simple facial, I was so unbelievably relaxed. I think it shows that I definitely needed some down time! Here I am ready to fall asleep, I was so refreshed.



With all that you do for others, don't forget to make time for yourself this week. It will be worth it. Happy pampering, you beautiful people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Start Swagging!

Recommended reading and other products...