We are all inventors, each sailing out on a voyage of discovery, guided each by a private chart, of which there is no duplicate. The world is all gates, all opportunities.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Spa Night: Cucumber Mask & Calming Yoga 6/17/2010

Playing around with some new ingredients. I've found the best way to find new original recipes is to mix 'em, slap 'em on, and hope for the best! Here's my twist on an old favorite:


Cucumber Mask:
-1 Tbs kefir
-1 Tbs oatmeal. Get it as close to powder form as possible in a food processor, pestle, or roughly chopped for more exfoliation.
-1 whole cucumber
-2 tablespoons plain yogurt or sour cream
-1 teaspoon honey

Mix together the kefir and oats in a small bowl and set aside.
Peel cucumber and use a blender to liquefy.
Add honey and yogurt. Blend well.
Gently mix in kefir/oats to combine.
Apply to clean face and neck and relax with a book or soothing music for 15-20 minutes.
Rinse and finish up with toner and moisturizer.


Will post a review of this mask later! Yes, even if I break out in some weird reaction.

If you've been reading, I'm very stressed out lately. Sleep does not come to visit very often and when it does, it doesn't stay long. So I've been searching for ways to stay calm and encourage calm at bedtime in the hope of catching that chariot ride to dreamland. I pray. Read my devotions. Sing. Shine my sink. Take an evening walk with Baby Boy. And now I'm going to try some easy yoga. There are a few positions that supposedly are great for anxiety attacks, depression and insomnia. There are lots of videos out there, but I liked this one and how well she explained it all. So yes, I'll be trying this as part of my relaxation this Spa Night. We'll see if it works!


Also, I've scheduled an appointment at the local beauty college. Something I've sorely missed since the move. A haircut and facial for less than twenty bucks? Yes, please! The students do a wonderful job, too. I know there is one just outside the town where our new home is located, but without a car, I haven't had the chance to check it out. I will probably go once a month when we get permanent transportation because I love a good beauty bargain and I love being pampered! So, have you taken time for you this week? Make the time. Even if it's just for a long bubble bath. I promise, you won't regret it. Browse my collection of Spa Night Recipes and take a virtual trip to relaxation, using ingredients from your kitchen cabinets! Happy pampering....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Start Swagging!

Recommended reading and other products...