We are all inventors, each sailing out on a voyage of discovery, guided each by a private chart, of which there is no duplicate. The world is all gates, all opportunities.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, July 30, 2010

Friday Inspiration 7/30/2010

Pretty homemade spa towel wrap? Yes, please! I really want to make one of these for myself!
Centsational Girl has a lovely (and easy, thank you) tutorial that has me believing even I could do it.


This wall paper added to a shelf is lovely! The idea is from Better Homes and Gardens. Isn't it gorgeous?
I don't have access to any wallpaper, but this idea just resonates with me and I can't wait to figure out how to use it in my home. Scrap book paper, maybe?


Ali @ Honey and Maple Syrup revamped an old dresser to give it her personal brand of fabulous and it reminded me how much I want to make over Baby Boy's old white dresser. It's been in the family for years and could use a little funky personalization.
Isn't it lovely? Numbered picture frames embellish the drawers and the small top drawers are actually an entirely separate piece! She made it her own and that's so inspiring!


Another project of Ali's (Honey and Maple Syrup) really got me wanting to create my own version. She used the design on a rubber door mat to paint wall art! Isn't the scrolly pattern beautiful?
What do you mean scrolly isn't a word?
I just love the swirls and feel of patterns like that. Definitely doable and relatively easy to replicate with a homemade stencil. I hope, anyway! At any rate, it's an idea to tuck away into the inspiration pile.


Ellie @ Beauty 4 Ashes gave a thrifted candle holder new life with a little spray paint.
Gorgeous example how a thrift store find can become something you love with a little creativity (and spray paint doesn't hurt, either!).


There are so many amazingly creative people in blog land who are constantly seeing potential in something ordinary. Their stories have me raring to create this weekend! I'll post the results here, even if I fail miserably. Lessons learned while creating are the most fun!
Here's hoping you find some inspiration and use it to create something wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Start Swagging!

Recommended reading and other products...