We are all inventors, each sailing out on a voyage of discovery, guided each by a private chart, of which there is no duplicate. The world is all gates, all opportunities.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Work it Out Wednesday: Bellydance

I've decided to use Wednesday as my personal exercise motivation day. That's a mouthful! I wrote before about my weight loss journey but haven't expanded on that subject. No pun intended.

I become bored very easily and it seems that I need to switch up workouts to stay motivated. So, since I like to blog and choosing to get moving every day is part of my search for a beautiful and inspired life, I want to write about it here. Sort of a reminder to myself to keep going.

I LOVE cultural dancing and am trying to use that as a way to stay active. So this week, I'm learning how to bellydance the cheap way, via youtube videos. Take a peek at one of the videos I'm using this week:



I will most likely switch to a different workout or dance next week to keep my interest up, (there's a gorgeous hula I would love to learn! also on youtube) but that's the norm for me. I will alternate between workouts until I learn it completely and then find a new one that intrigues me. Easy, fun, good for my health and FREE.

Choosing to do things that enrich my family's life as well as my own has been a wonderful experience and I want to keep going! Now everything has a focus and I'm enjoying every project, craft, spa night recipe, and healthier choice we're making as a family.

Life has never been more fulfilling. Four years ago, if you told me sometime in the future I'd be in a strange new city without any family nearby, without a car and having to use every iota of brain power to save my family money, I never would have predicted that I'd be able to say that. But it is. And God continues to be good.

Find something that inspires you and use it to see the beauty that's already around you. There are so many things we already have that are worth having and cultivating. Skills, compassion, relationships, family. Life is beautiful, so live it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Start Swagging!

Recommended reading and other products...