We are all inventors, each sailing out on a voyage of discovery, guided each by a private chart, of which there is no duplicate. The world is all gates, all opportunities.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Weekend Brekkie: Pancakes from a Ketchup Bottle 7/24/2010

This morning, after breakfast (so technically it's not brekkie), I was in the mood for pancakes, but, poor me, I was no longer hungry.
So, I took the newly washed empty ketchup bottle (which my toddler ketchup monster had finished off the other day) and decided to prepare our lunch with it!

Whipping up a basic homemade pancake mix, I added cocoa powder for chocolate pancakes! Woohoo!

The mix went into the fridge to await our grumbly lunchtime stomachs.

Lunch! The skillet was hot in no time. Here's a shot of my homemade pancake dispenser in action.

I remember always wanting to use a ketchup bottle to make funnel cakes ( I LOVE funnel cakes!), but never thought of using it for pancakes until seeing an infomercial for a pancake dispenser.


I made some baby pancakes for Baby Boy and thought, why not toss a few chocolate chips on 'em?
So I did.


Baby Boy was a little apprehensive at first.
I think he thought they might be (gasp!) healthy. Which is odd because he loves healthy stuff!


But soon he was scarfing them down ....


And humming happy pancake songs.


A definite success. Oh, but I was wishing for whipped cream!


Happy Weekend, Beauties!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Start Swagging!

Recommended reading and other products...