We are all inventors, each sailing out on a voyage of discovery, guided each by a private chart, of which there is no duplicate. The world is all gates, all opportunities.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, September 10, 2010

Love Dare #16 Prayer


DARE 16: Begin praying today for your spouse's heart. Pray for three specific areas where you desire for God to work in your spouse's life and in your marriage.

I have definitely experienced the power of prayer in the past, and am fully aware of how God can work through this seemingly passive action. After much thought, I have chosen the three areas in which I'll pray for Hubby and I was so thankful to find that praying for him didn't feel forced or unnatural or bring up unresolved anger in me like I feared it might. It felt wonderful to pray specifically for Hubby! I had been praying for him, but praying in detail about three specific areas really helps me focus and pray more effectively for our family. I've begun praying for three specific areas in Baby Boy's life as well as my own and what a difference it makes! Thank you Lord, that we will find You if we seek You with all our heart, and that if we pray fervently, You promise to hear us. God is so good!

1 comment:

  1. This is a good reminder! I need to be praying more specifically for my hubby and my kids! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Start Swagging!

Recommended reading and other products...