We are all inventors, each sailing out on a voyage of discovery, guided each by a private chart, of which there is no duplicate. The world is all gates, all opportunities.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, September 20, 2010

Love Dare #26 Love is Responsible

DARE 26: Take time to pray through your areas of wrongdoing. Ask for God's forgiveness, then humble yourself enough to admit them to your spouse. Do it sincerely and truthfully. Ask your spouse for forgiveness as well. No matter how they respond, make sure you cover your responsibility in love. Even if they respond with criticism, accept it by receiving it as counsel. 

So I'm having a rough time understanding the need for this one.
I thought this had been dealt with during Dares 12 and 25. Maybe I'm over thinking the dares, but those dares sparked much prayer and many heartfelt discussions with Hubby where I asked forgiveness of him and the Lord for every single thing I had wrongfully done in our relationship. Maybe I wasn't supposed to go into depth like that, but I'm very thankful the Lord answered my prayers to bring to mind the things I had yet to make right. There have been days since Dare 12, when something from the past came up and God gave me the grace to ask forgiveness right away and square it away with Hubby as well. I can't describe the peace and freedom that comes from being truthful! I would have had a big problem being humble and admitting my wrongs before, but this study has changed my perspective on that.

So, it's silly, but I feel a little guilty, like I skipped forward when I wasn't supposed to, but this dare has been completed. Today I'll focus on prayer and Bible study to maintain the foundation of truth Hubby and I are trying to build on.

For my Bible reading, I'm meditating on some very pertinent verses found in Prov 19.
Proverbs 19:14b "...a prudent wife is from the Lord."


Proverbs 19:16 "He that keepeth the commandment keepeth his own soul; but he that despiseth his ways shall die."


Proverbs 19: 20-21 "Hear counsel, and receive instruction, that thou mayest be wise in thy latter end. There are many devices in a man's heart; nevertheless the counsel of the Lord that shall stand."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Start Swagging!

Recommended reading and other products...