We are all inventors, each sailing out on a voyage of discovery, guided each by a private chart, of which there is no duplicate. The world is all gates, all opportunities.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Love Dare #21 Love is Satisfied in God



DARE 21: Be intentional today about making a time to pray and read your Bible. Try reading a chapter out of Proverbs each day (there are thirty-one - a full month's supply), or reading a chapter in the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John). As you do, immerse yourself in the love and promises God has for you. This will add to your growth as you walk with Him. 

I think daily time with God keeps my priorities focused and keeps my Lord at the top of my mind when rough circumstances arise throughout the day.

I've been doing this sporadically, when I am able to wake up early enough, but I want to try to make it a priority to wake up before Baby Boy and do my Bible reading. I will usually have a time of prayer in the mornings, studying the Bible during Baby Boy's nap time and after he's gone to bed at night. But I know it will make a huge difference in how I approach the day if I've already done my reading.

Draw me closer to You, Lord, through prayer and the study of Your Word. Thank You for Your many promises that bring me through life's darkest moments. Help me to always give You the glory, Lord, no matter my circumstances. Bless my desire to know You more and show me in Your Word how to walk in Your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Start Swagging!

Recommended reading and other products...