We are all inventors, each sailing out on a voyage of discovery, guided each by a private chart, of which there is no duplicate. The world is all gates, all opportunities.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, September 17, 2010

Love Dare #23 Love Always Protects

DARE 23: Remove anything that is hindering your relationship, any addiction or influence that's stealing your affections and turning your heart away from your spouse. 

I was nervous as I prayed and went over in my mind anything that qualified as a parasite, bad influence or affection stealer in my life. How amazingly grateful I was to realize that the Lord has protected our marriage from anything like that. However, even though I don't have anything to throw out, I do have a few things that have taken up much of my time in the past and have potential to become addictions if left unchecked:
Bargain/coupon shopping (Touched on in Dare 12)
Blogging
Crafting

I pray that by being on guard I can consciously limit the time spent on these things and will commit to put my marriage/spouse first and family second before considering giving my time and heart to these things.

Lord, let me be like the wise woman who builds up her house and not like the foolish one who tears it down with her own hands. Thank you for revealing to me these areas which can steal time away from my spouse and family. I pray for wisdom and discernment as I seek to walk in Your will. Please give me the strength to put these things in their own place and spend no more time on them than necessary. If it comes between blogging/crafting/shopping, and spending time with Hubby or Baby Boy, give me the grace and wisdom to choose time with my family over my own wants. With Your strength and patience, I will guard my heart and my marriage and ultimately my family by not allowing anything past the protection of which I am a keeper in my household.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Start Swagging!

Recommended reading and other products...