We are all inventors, each sailing out on a voyage of discovery, guided each by a private chart, of which there is no duplicate. The world is all gates, all opportunities.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Love Dare #22 Love is Faithful


DARE 22: Love is a choice, not a feeling. It is an initiated action., not a knee-jerk reaction. Choose today to be committed to love even if your spouse has lost most of their interest in receiving it. Say to them today in words similar to these, " I love you. Period. I choose to love you even if you don't love me in return." 

There are so many times I've tried to love with my own limited human capacity and it has been a train wreck. I realize that I am incapable of loving unconditionally unless it's through Christ. My Savior's love is endless, and deeper and more profound than mine could ever be. That love is freely given to me by Christ and in turn, I can share that never ending, always patient love with my spouse when my patience is at it's breaking point. Praise the Lord for my salvation and His unconditional love! It's a perfect example of how I should love my darling Hubby, rising above my judgmental nature to love as Christ loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Start Swagging!

Recommended reading and other products...