We are all inventors, each sailing out on a voyage of discovery, guided each by a private chart, of which there is no duplicate. The world is all gates, all opportunities.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Love Dare #30 Love Brings Unity

DARE 30: Isolate one area of division in your marriage, and look on today as a fresh opportunity to pray about it. Ask the Lord to reveal anything in your own heart that is threatening oneness with your spouse. Pray that He would do the same for them. And if appropriate, discuss this matter openly, seeking God for unity. 

This was surprising because a potential area of division has just cropped up. And the reason for it is, as is common in most marriages: Money.

We may have to make some changes regarding finances and we're really struggling deciding on the issue. This has caused some tension and we are trying to discuss things constructively with the rules we set in Dare 13, but it will take many more talks and a lot more prayer before we can decide. I am torn because we do need to make a decision, but it's a little frightening. Lord, we need You now. Lead us in our decision and give us wisdom. Also, soften our hearts so even if the right way is not what we would willingly choose for ourselves, help us to determine to follow Your will no matter what. Let us be reassured that You know how it all turns out and that You will order things for good to those who love You! Help us to pray for each other, Father, and grant us unity and the faith to take the next step.

Jeremiah 29:11-14a

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Then shall ye call upon me and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. And I will be found of you, saith the LORD:

1 comment:

Start Swagging!

Recommended reading and other products...