We are all inventors, each sailing out on a voyage of discovery, guided each by a private chart, of which there is no duplicate. The world is all gates, all opportunities.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Love Dare #18 Aahh... Romance

DARE 18: Prepare a special dinner at home, just for the two of you. The dinner can be as nice as you prefer. Focus this time on getting to know your spouse better, perhaps in areas you've rarely talked about. Determine to make it an enjoyable evening for you and your mate. 

This was a learning experience. I had a migraine so went to lay down before starting dinner, but I had told Hubby in the morning that we were going to have a romantic dinner. He was pleased with the prospect. Well, imagine my surprise when I came out to start dinner half an hour later and Hubby had everything well under way and gave me a quick kiss and a sympathetic "Go ahead and sit down. Relax."
What a sweetheart!

Well, since he had everything almost done, I decided I could decorate our table, which I hadn't thought I'd have time to do with my sudden headache. I gathered simple decorations from other areas of our home and decided to feature tea light candles and the flowers Hubby brought home for me earlier this week.
Used our wall sconce for the very first time for our romantic dinner.
Beautiful!

Oh, I just had to leave that pattern board in the background!
Trimmed a few flowers and placed them in candle holders
 interspersed with some tea lights.

So, I'm not the greatest photographer. The steak was delicious, though.
Hubby did a great job!

Anyway, after all that, we were enjoying the evening talking over candle light as Baby Boy happily watched Veggie Tales in the background. Then, something horrible happened. I allowed myself to be offended over a very small thing and.... it almost ruined the rest of our evening! Terrible how selfishness can creep in and spoil an otherwise wonderful, time of pure togetherness, isn't it? So, there I was running to the bathroom in tears and Hubby was close behind me. He apologized over and over and tried to comfort me and you know what? It was phenomenally hard to forgive him! Even though I was basically nit picking I found it very hard to forgive. Thankfully, within the hour, I was able to ask the Lord for forgiveness regarding my selfish attitude and was free to, in my turn, forgive Hubby. Well, the poor man felt terrible, and before my little tirade, we were having an amazing time talking about the future and our hopes. So, I learned the hard way that no matter how much I am trying to be a good wife, there will be instances that trip me up. Spiritual maturity will show whether I handle it well or not. I think, by tonight's display, it's safe to say I am far, far away from being spiritually mature. But, I'm willing to learn and will be praying more that I be on guard for situations like this.

I want to be used of You, Lord! Take away the selfish desires in my heart and replace them with your perfect peace, patience and most of all wisdom! Strengthen my faith so I can recognize and deny the pride that inevitably creeps into my human heart. Leave in pride's place a willingness to glorify You in everything I do, and the wisdom and understanding to serve You (not myself) in every situation.

Proverbs 4:7
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it so wonderful to have a date night in? It is such a peaceful time to just spend alone time together even though the little ones are there!

    ReplyDelete

Start Swagging!

Recommended reading and other products...