We are all inventors, each sailing out on a voyage of discovery, guided each by a private chart, of which there is no duplicate. The world is all gates, all opportunities.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Love Dare #24 Love Vs. Lust

DARE 24: End it now. Identify every object of lust in your life and remove it. Single out every lie you've swallowed in pursuing forbidden pleasure and reject it. Lust cannot be allowed to live in a back bedroom. It mus be killed and destroyed- Today- and replaced with the sure promises of God and a heart filled with His perfect love. 

I claim God's promises and will stand fast knowing, not just hoping, that I do not need more material things. Lord, please give me Your peace.
I want to be content in You.

I renounce the incessant lust for "more"; for something "better". I am a daughter of the King and those things have no hold on me when I am delivered from them by Your grace.

I have access to everything You've ever promised through my salvation by grace and Your Word! I have all I ever need and I confess my sins of wanting that perfect house and that perfect car.

I renounce the lie and the emotional pain of 'needing' a socially accepted body.

And I beg forgiveness and renounce those times of frustration when I've wished for a better, easier or wealthier life.

Please, Lord, cleanse me of my selfishness, vanity and envy.
Replace them with contentment and love.
And grant me the wisdom and strength to bloom where I am now planted in life.

I kneel, broken, before You praying for a change in me that will strengthen my marriage and family.
Help me to shine Your light every where I go, presenting myself as a daughter of the King should in thought, manner, speech and action. Teach me to put keeping my home well, and physical presentation in it's place, remembering that although I should take care in these things, nothing is more important than Your work.

Use me, Lord, even if it's only as a quiet example of how wonderful and good You truly are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Start Swagging!

Recommended reading and other products...