We are all inventors, each sailing out on a voyage of discovery, guided each by a private chart, of which there is no duplicate. The world is all gates, all opportunities.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, August 23, 2010

Dollar Tree Mirror Redo

One Dollar Tree mirror that has never quite fit in.
Forgive my smudgy prints all over it :) 


Add some pretty sea glass I found on clearance at Michaels. Oh, Michaels, you addicting store!
It didn't turn out how I wanted, and you could see the hot glue through the pieces of glass.


Then I remembered how much I loved Laurie @ Scene of the Grime's seashell encrusted mirror.
So I added another layer, this time with Mod Podge.
 Et voila!



Methinks I love it.


Along with my slightly embellished starfish plaque, I'm on my way to collecting beachy decor for the master bedroom. Now to figure out where to put it.
Thanks, Laurie for the inspiration!


Do you have a themed room that you're collecting loot for?

Linked to:



Keeping It Simple

5 comments:

  1. Your mirror looks adorable. I have a beach house where everything I do is pretty much sea glass green and blue. This is a great Idea, it turned out wonderful.
    Eileen@ CottageBeachHouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool. Great idea with sea glass!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my goodness... Cute, Cute!
    I love it!
    Thank you for sharing!
    Leticia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for the sweet comments! I really love how it turned out :)

    ReplyDelete

Start Swagging!

Recommended reading and other products...