We are all inventors, each sailing out on a voyage of discovery, guided each by a private chart, of which there is no duplicate. The world is all gates, all opportunities.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, August 6, 2010

Friday Inspiration 8/06/2010

I love Humble Housekeeping's creation: a homemade candle chandelier! 
Carly actually made that box from scrap wood she had and then painted and hung it from her master bedroom ceiling to showcase the glass hurricanes she got at Dollar Tree.
Beautiful!


Oh my. This cheap headboard project at This Fresh Fossil had a big wow factor for me. Not only was it amazingly frugal but it had a dramatically beautiful result. It made me remember that simple can be fabulous too!



A great Homemade Mamas project: Monster Spray. How adorable is that? 
Homemade sweet smelling spray fortified with Mama goodness to keep monsters away! Now, my toddler isn't experiencing the monsters in the room stage yet, but I'm adding this as inspiration so I will have it on file. I think it's a brilliant idea and will help Baby Boy feel safer when he does begin to fear monsters. 
I think something like this is so sweet and understanding. Many times, logic just cannot make sense to children. Logic and the fact that they are truly safe, will not make a child feel safe. That confidence is the gift, not the make believe spray.

What has inspired you this week? 

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the monster spray idea! You're right...sometimes you need to meet them on their level, and plain old logic just doesn't cut it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I feel so much better, too having an idea to maybe help my little one when the time comes. I had been worrying about this future situation & how I'd handle it!

    ReplyDelete

Start Swagging!

Recommended reading and other products...