We are all inventors, each sailing out on a voyage of discovery, guided each by a private chart, of which there is no duplicate. The world is all gates, all opportunities.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Love Dare #1 Oh Hush....


The Love Dare is a book written by Stephen and Alex Kendrick. These are summaries of the dares and my own experiences with them, so forgive any misquoting.

I found the Love Dare outlined in detail on an online forum while researching Inspirational books. I was so intrigued that I began to take up the challenge myself and after seeing the way the daily dares were helping realign my priorities in my marriage, decided to post it on my Facebook status day by day. Well, I realized it has become a big part of my search for a more beautiful fulfilled life. I've decided to devote individual posts to each dare. So here it is, the Love Dare day by day and my thoughts and lessons learned.

DARE 1: Say nothing negative to your spouse all day. If you have nothing nice to say, keep silent.
I was surprised how many times throughout my time with Hubby (and it's not much with his work schedule) that I had to stop myself from saying something that was less than positive. Wow. I need to be more aware of everything I say and try to make my conversation encouraging! I hadn't known I had that problem. Looking forward to dare 2.


Doing the Love Dare has made me interested in a movie it was featured in called Fireproof, in which a firefighter uses the Love Dare to fight for his failing marriage. He and his wife, after growing apart, believe there is no attachment anymore and decide to get divorced, but the firefighter's dad asks him to put off the divorce for 40 days and do one of the Love Dares every day and see if it makes a difference. I was so moved by the previews I just had to order it through Amazon.com and am eagerly awaiting it's arrival in the mail!

I will most likely be taking a break from my normal crafty postings and projects for a bit because I want to bring the focus back to searching for inner beauty and fulfillment. I have a few days worth of scheduled posts that will be coming up. But every day now I will be posting about The Love Dare. Tomorrow's post will be picking up where this one left off.  I know this is not what some readers have signed up for, so I understand if followers will be lost. This is my journey, though and I would like you to respect my decision. I hope that if The Love Dare speaks to you as it did me, you won't hesitate trying it.

Have a beautiful day!

3 comments:

  1. Woo-Hoo!! I shall live the "Love Dare" vicariously through your posts for now, and then I plan to pick it up and do it myself. I too need to be careful about the negativity that I too often spout. Usually not ABOUT my hubby, but certainly to him about 'whatever' and I'm sure that's not encouraging either! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could this approach be applied to children as well? Or is it geared specifically for spouses? I enjoy your crafty postings, but am looking forward to learning more about the Love Dare. Best wishes on this journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean, Rachel, I see now I do that as well. Thanks for reading!

    Swell Studio- I'm not sure if it's applied to children, but I'm actually finding that as I'm learning how to love Hubby unconditionally I'm actually using the same principles with our Baby Boy! And in both instances, it is making a big difference.

    Thank you both for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete

Start Swagging!

Recommended reading and other products...