We are all inventors, each sailing out on a voyage of discovery, guided each by a private chart, of which there is no duplicate. The world is all gates, all opportunities.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, August 30, 2010

Love Dare #6 Modus Operandi Part 1

Image found w/google

This one is not so easily explained, so I've copied it from the online forum. I tried to summarize like the others, but it didn't catch the spirit of the dare, so here it is:

DARE 6: Choose today to react to tough circumstances in your marriage in loving ways instead of with irritation.  Begin by making a list of of areas where you need to add margin to your schedule.  Then list any wrong motivations that you need to release from your life.

I am struggling with this more than I ever would have thought. This was very tough as I saw so many situations where I yield to worry or frustration. I couldn't even get through making my list without feeling so broken and bursting into tears. Living paycheck to paycheck and all that that entails, putting on a brave face for Hubby and Baby Boy so they never feel as if we are going without food or comfort, etc. All these and more have me terrified and I have never truly admitted it to myself. I usually just pray and try to be thankful for what we have, but I didn't realize how in the back of my mind, I believed we were hanging on by a thread. I haven't been truly trusting that the Lord would provide. What a terrible MO to have! Wikipedia defines it this way:
Modus operandi (plural modi operandi) is a Latin phrase, approximately translated as "method of operating".[1] The term is used to describe someone's habits or manner of working, their method of operating or functioning. In English, it is frequently replaced by its acronym M.O.
I have let my fears dictate how I function. How disheartening.


I have been reading the Bible about how we have nothing to fear and God will provide for everything, no matter how situations are and PTL it has helped to calm me. Am determined to meditate on His Word and remember his promises! I hadn't realized I was such a control freak. Lord please work through me and break this habit. Let me give everything over to you!


 I will try again tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I completely understand where you're coming from and came to that same point about a couple of years ago of having to "let go and let God". Everything changed- well, not everything, our financial situation is only slightly better, but God's mercy and peace is so apparent now. I don't know how else to explain it. Hang in there, you can't go wrong when you're trusting God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swell Studio- Yes, that's one of the many things I'm learning through this study. So hard to look at myself through a magnifying glass but I truly believe the process (no matter how uncomfortable) and the end result will be worth it. God bless, and thank you so much for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete

Start Swagging!

Recommended reading and other products...