We are all inventors, each sailing out on a voyage of discovery, guided each by a private chart, of which there is no duplicate. The world is all gates, all opportunities.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, August 9, 2010

Island Jewelry Lost & Found

A pretty mother of pearl pendant from my loving Hubby. 
It was an anniversary gift a few years ago and I've never worn it because I kept waiting to find the right gold chain for it.

The problem is, I'm a silver girl and have to be in the mood for gold and every time I went shopping at the jewelry clearance sales for that perfect chain, I wasn't in the golden mood.

I found my pendant again the other day and thought, this poor thing is going to be sitting in my jewelry box forever! I wished I could wear it. 


So after rummaging through my island jewelry, I found something else I love but never wear. 
A simple long shell lei that never quite looked right on it's own. 
So I put the two together.


Voila! I had to wear it right away :)

And I've gotta say, I LOVE it! Simple, gorgeous island jewelry that I had in my jewelry box all along.
I'm glad I finally figured out they belonged together.

Have you recently rediscovered something that you love?

I'm linking to:
Keeping It Simple

Can I just say I adore that Jen at Craftomaniac lets us link up TWO projects for her Monday parties? For a chronic crafting mini project doer like myself, it's heaven! Not to mention great motivation!


4 comments:

  1. Very beachy and beautiful, well done! Thanks for linking, Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hosting the linky party, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely! I will be keeping my eye out for a pendant to put on my string of shells! I'm new to your blog and am looking forward to visiting again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salt Water Taffy- Tickled that you like it! You know what's sad? I've been trying to find more outfits that I can wear with it :). Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting! Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Start Swagging!

Recommended reading and other products...