We are all inventors, each sailing out on a voyage of discovery, guided each by a private chart, of which there is no duplicate. The world is all gates, all opportunities.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, August 27, 2010

Love Dare #3 Money = Value in our Society

DARE 3: Whatever you put your time, energy and money into will become a priority. Along with restraining from negative comments, buy something for your spouse today that says "I was thinking about you."
Didn't have the car and even if I did, we don't have the money in our budget. I did Hubby's laundry (my unexpected kindness since he usually does his own on his days off) and then to fulfill dare 3 I made sure to hang Hubby's slacks and dress shirts straight from the dryer so he wouldn't have to iron them. He noticed them hanging on the back of our bedroom door and said thank you. His tone was very sweet and appreciative. I could tell he was surprised, even through his usual tiredness. My hard working man! Keeping from negative comments is getting easier. 

I learned a lot about how far a kind action can take a relationship. I'm so thankful I was shown this relatively early in our marriage! To some extent, I do believe time is money so by spending my time to do something extra for Hubby, I was still able to show I valued him.

How is it that in the throes of new love I was constantly doing or buying things for Hubby and then, even though my love didn't change, my actions did. And by stopping those things, I slowly began to prioritize other things in life. Running a household, decorating, budgeting, teaching Baby Boy, cooking. Those are very important in my job as a SAHM, but the life we have is built on the foundation of our marriage relationship and if that foundation isn't strong, the things built on it don't have any thing to keep them from toppling. The little things in my relationship with Hubby are suddenly cast in a whole new light for me.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you- this is a wonderful thing you are doing and will make a big difference in your child's life someday! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SS- Thank you so much for the well wishes & blessings! :)

    ReplyDelete

Start Swagging!

Recommended reading and other products...