We are all inventors, each sailing out on a voyage of discovery, guided each by a private chart, of which there is no duplicate. The world is all gates, all opportunities.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, August 20, 2010

Friday Inspiration 8/20/2010

Keep Home Simple had an adorable baby shower gift idea: Onesies in a jar! That's the kind of cutesie packaging people are shelling out a fortune for in designer products. But this gift is frugal and fabulous.


No ordinary onesies fill that pretty jar, either. WalMart onesies were given some personalized flair with Heat N Bond and some pretty fabric cut into adorable shapes.
I definitely want to remember this idea for the next baby shower I'm invited to. It's too cute not to give away!



Laurie @ Scene of the Grime had a brilliant idea to revamp a Dollar Tree mirror with seashells. Isn't it beautiful?
I grew up surrounded by shell encrusted decor and I absolutely adore the look if done right. This is just gorgeous to me. I'd love to do something similar. I have to find the right piece first.



Decor Chick shared her ongoing progress with a multipurpose room and I love this idea of board and batten. It opens up a room and adds interest like wainscoting but for a lower price!

Amazing, isn't it? The entire look of the room is changed by adding some dimension to the walls. After the battens and door&window board at the top are in place, all that's left to do is paint.
I really want to remember this the next time we are in  a house. It's not possible in our apartment because of our lease, but this is one idea I need to tuck away for future inspiration.



Little Blue Prints used a french script stamp to embellish a lamp shade. I probably won't use a stamp, but the idea of words on a shade? LOVE it!

What has inspired you this week?

2 comments:

  1. I love the onesie idea. Wish I would have thought of that before! I'll definitely be using the board and batten room makeover...just have to decide which room:) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the onesie in a jar is one of my all time favorites! Ooh, that's awesome you are able to do the board and batten. Take lots and lots of photos ;)

    ReplyDelete

Start Swagging!

Recommended reading and other products...