We are all inventors, each sailing out on a voyage of discovery, guided each by a private chart, of which there is no duplicate. The world is all gates, all opportunities.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Spa Night: Homemade Conditioner for Hair Growth


My wonderful friend and sis Rachel @ Raznoggle.com sent me the link for this homemade hair conditioner. I don't have all the ingredients, but will definitely be trying this when I do. Check your cabinets! You might be able to do this for your spa night, and if you do, please let me know how you liked it.



Homemade Conditioner - For hair growth
Things You'll Need:




  • 1/4 cup of plain natural yogurt




  • 1 egg yolk




  • 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice




  • 8 to 10 drops of eucalyptus oil

Directions:



  • Place the natural yogurt in a small bowl. Yogurt is not only the creamy base of your natural conditioner, but it is also a gentle cleansing agent that will help to clear pores. Yogurt has natural anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties that will gently wash away the dirt and grime that inhibits hair growth.



  • Separate the egg white from the yolk and add the yolk to the yogurt. Egg yolk is a natural and deep-penetrating moisturizer that will not only make your hair silky smooth, but also help add elasticity and strength, so that as your hair grows it will break less.



  • Add 1 tsp. of fresh lemon juice to the mixture. Lemon is a natural astringent that will help to remove shampoo and product build-up. Lemon, the same pH as your hair's natural oil, can help protect and seal the hair's cuticle, preventing split ends.



  • Mix in 8 to 10 drops of eucalyptus oil and stir until creamy. Eucalyptus oil has a cool, refreshing effect on the skin and will help to stimulate blood circulation on the scalp, encouraging hair growth.




  • Wet your hair thoroughly and apply the conditioner. Massage the conditioner into your scalp gently for at least five minutes. For deep penetrating conditioning, you can wrap your head in a towel and allow the treatment to set for 20 to 30 minutes. When ready, rinse your hair and towel dry.




  • Click here to be taken to the original eHow article.

    Have you taken some time to relax this week? I admit I really need to get my spa night in, it's been a long week!

    Psst... thanks, Rachel for the recipe! I can't wait to try it.

    Happy pampering!

    2 comments:

    1. Are you serious!!?! I have GOT to try this! What a great find and I'm so thrilled I stumbled across it! I'm happy to be your newest follower and would love to have you visit Frou Frou Decor..I love new friends! I'd also like to invite you to link up to my party every Friday..for Fabulous Friday Finds...anything from creative finds to recipes..crafts, etc. :D Hope to see you there!
      Hugs,
      ~Terrell @ FFD~

      ReplyDelete
    2. Hi, Terrell! Great to have you joining the other beautiful people in the sidebar! Oh, I'm having a blast finding out more about natural homemade beauty products. Good to find another Beauty who's interested in it as well! Welcome and if you try the conditioner, pls let me know what you thought :) I'll be checking out your site, thanks! Oh no, you're feeding my addiction, I love a good linky party ;)

      ReplyDelete

    Start Swagging!

    Recommended reading and other products...