We are all inventors, each sailing out on a voyage of discovery, guided each by a private chart, of which there is no duplicate. The world is all gates, all opportunities.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Work it Out Wednesday: Healthy Eating and Staying Active

It's scorching hot here today! Kind of hard to get outside and get moving, so our poor neighbors below us get the brunt of it. Yes, I'll be exercising inside again. Poor people.

I can still make good choices, despite being stuck inside for most of the day, right?
Although, after my healthy breakfast, I made the mistake of going shopping without packing a healthy snack and ended up at Sonic. Happy hour half price drinks, baby! Ah well, a lesson for next time, huh?


After that impromptu shopping trip with some friends, I came home with a table full of goodies from some local produce stands! Mmmm....
Aren't they beautiful?


Can you believe I spent half what they would've cost in a store?
Turnips, green onions, tomatoes and fresh spinach.


Cucumbers and squash flesh out the last batch of fresh tomatoes from last week.
I used to think Hubby (who grew up with a garden) was just making things up when he said homegrown tastes better, but now, I'm sold!

Since I can't have a garden of my very own, this is the next best thing.


We had company the other night and they brought flowers :). Growing, blooming things are the best!

This week, I'm focusing on hula (via my own CD). Here's a sampling of one of my favorite hula. It's so beautiful!
Have you made the choice to get moving this week? We can do this! Work it out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Start Swagging!

Recommended reading and other products...