We are all inventors, each sailing out on a voyage of discovery, guided each by a private chart, of which there is no duplicate. The world is all gates, all opportunities.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Homemade Brass Cleaner

A friend asked me about a homemade brass cleaner and I was excited to realize I knew the answer! So I thought I'd share while it was on my mind:


The tried and true at home cleaner for brass is ketchup, as many people know.

Ketchup Brass Cleaner
-Rub ketchup onto brass.
-Remove with a wet cloth.
-Buff with a dry cloth.
That's it!


 But for a truly homemade cleaner, here's the recipe:

Homemade Brass Cleaner
1/2 cup vinegar
1 tsp salt
Flour

Mix vinegar and salt.
Add flour a small spoonful at a time and mix. You just want enough to make a paste.
Rub paste onto brass. Let rest for 10 minutes.
Rinse or remove with wet washcloth.
Buff with a dry cloth.

Everyone has homemade cleaners they grew up using and maybe have forgotten about. Some people even use these cleaners all the time without realizing what frugal homemade geniuses they are! I'm always up for learning new things and would love to know: What are your favorite homemade cleaners?

I'm linking to:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Start Swagging!

Recommended reading and other products...